Sunday, February 20, 2011

Farmhouse Mac & Cheese

This is a wonderful baked macaroni & cheese. I usually make a half-batch for just Jas & I (Cole doesn't eat mac & cheese...along many other things) and that's the way I have my recipe written...so just double it for a larger family :)

2 C. Shredded Cheddar
1 C. Macaroni Noodles (cooked & drained)
1/2 TBSP. Butter
1/2 C. Milk
1 Egg
1/2 tsp. salt
Black Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste
1/2 C. Finely Crushed Cracker Crumbs (I use saltines or ritz, either is good)

Preheat oven to 350 degree.
Cook & Drain Macaroni, then toss noodles in butter.
Combine milk, 1/2 cheese, salt, pepper, eggs, garlic powder & cracker crumbs.
Stir Macaroni & Cheese mix together, pour into baking dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake until heated through & cheese is melted. Approx. 30 minute.

This is a heartier recipe with the added cracker crumbs and could work for a stand alone lunch or light dinner. I could also see adding fully cooked, diced ham to make it a complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment