Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 6...A love for God's Word

As an adult, I have struggled to "enjoy" the Bible, for so many years it seems so confusing, old school & hard to understand. A few years ago I really reached out for help, I consulted with other people, purchased different translations, and began breaking the Bible down to chapters with various study materials to help me begin to understand it better. WOW - this is like the best Thriller/Romance/Self-Help/Comedy/Drama Novel ever!! Because of how hard it was for me, I'm determined to help my boys learn, understand & LOVE the Word early as Children. This is truly the best foundation we can set forth for our children.

God's Word is better than a diamond, better than a diamond set between emeralds. You'll like it better than strawberries in spring, better than red, ripe strawberries. Psalm 19:10 (The Message)

And the Translation from NIV...
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.

Lord, please help Your Word to come ALIVE in my boys hearts. I pray that they will always crave more of you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment