Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jacob's first...extraction?!

Yes, I know - how crazy does it sound that I had to take my 3 month old to the dentist today. Ah...I swear, you just can't make these things up.

Last week, when I went in for my own cleaning, the dentist asked about Jacob. I just passingly mentioned that he had cut a tooth at 12 weeks, and, when I told him the location, he asked me to bring him in. (the tooth wasn't in the front, it was on the side). So, in we went today.

As it was, a piece of "tooth-like enamel" had popped through his gum. It was not rooted, so the Dentist was concerned he could actually swallow it if it came loose. He took a q-tip, pushed on it & out part if it came :) We are supposed to watch it for the next few days to make sure the gum doesn't get red or irritated, but, he thinks this is all there will be too it.

As we were leaving, he congratulated Jacob on his first extraction. Never a dull moment in Mommyland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment