Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our LEGO Build Table Project

My son is CRAZY about legos! For 2 years I searched & searched for a lego table that would work for us. We had a small space with built in shelves that I really wanted to utilize for legos - so I had to be very choosy. One day I stumbled upon this blog post by Jen at iHeart Organizing..and I knew what I had to do. First, check out my inspiration here


So, first, I started with this cheap table I bought from the hotel I worked at years ago. It was $5 when I got it. I originally picked it up as a desk for Cole, but it never fit where I wanted it to - so it had been in the basement for several years.

I started by priming the entire table, so that the paint would adhere. (only the top is primed here..I forgot to take a pic with the entire table still white)

After it was primed, I taped off the top & began painting the rest of the table the beautiful blue paint I used as an accent color in Cole's room.

And, finished the top off with 2 coats of chalboard paint so the boys can draw roads, buildings, space - whatever goes with their lego creations.

The most expensive part of this project was definitely the chalk board paint. At $15 a can, it was a hard pill to swallow - especially since I only used about 1/4 of that & still have tons left. Hopefully I will find more projects in the future to use that up.

So far, Cole is loving the table - it gets used quite often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment