Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Very Hungry Caterpillar First Birthday - Decorations!

Our little caterpillar, with a big caterpillar!
For this, I purchased yellow & green paper lanterns from Amazon (base the size you purchase on the area you have to hang it in), cut the eyes out of construction paper (using my oval cutters from CM), and added purple pipe cleaners for antennas. We didn't have what we needed to hang it perfect, but this worked I thought :) After the party, we hung this in Jacob's room from the ceiling - it looks adorable!

My custom Birthday sign..
To create this I cut circles out of Green Paper (using my old time Creative Memories circle cutter!), and, the letters out of white paper on my cricut. It turned out so perfect, I love it! And, I can always replace the circle with the # birthday & reuse the banner. LOVE IT!

Table Decor..
I kept it pretty simple. Yellow & Green plastic table cloths ($1.25 each from DG), a helium balloon (opposite color of table cover), and, a picture of Jacob in a $1 acrylic stand (stands & pics printed at walmart). Family & Friends got to take home a picture when they left :)

Build your own caterpillar station..
I wanted an activity for the young children, and I thought this would be cute. I cut the colored circles out of construction paper (heavier grade) using the circle cutters again, cut 2 purple antenna's from pipe cleaners and pre-bagged these items. Black markers & glue sticks were in a basket on the table for them to put their caterpillar together.

My personal favorite...
This was definitely my favorite. We had paper & pens available for everyone to write a note to Jacob. We will open these on his 16th birthday. How fun!

1st Birthday Pictures..
Printing photo's is truly more affordable now than it has ever been. Take advantage of that, and, spice up a cake or food table, with prints of your little one. I printed copies of his 1st Birthday Smash Cake shoot, framed them ($1.50 black wood frames from Walmart) and placed them around the cake (oops - you got a sneak peak! full food post coming next!). We let the Grandparents each take a framed 8x10 home with them.

We also had copies of the book sitting around on tables for people to look at, and, Children to read.

This was such an easy First Birthday, and the Decorations were pretty affordable - especially when so much can be reused, or was given away as favors.

Stay tuned for my post on Birthday Party Food!

No comments:

Post a Comment