Those could be the 4 worst words for my husband to hear. After 3 weeks of being treated for Gout, and, his foot not getting any better - I sent Jason back to the Dr. today. I was hoping for this magic "gout shot" everyone kept telling me about. Instead the Dr. told us that his foot was infected & showed us the fracture on x-ray. Of course this still doesn't rule out the gout (poor Jas couldn't be so lucky), now they just think that the fracture caused the gout - which apparently happens sometime. The best they can figure is it was broken around the time it started to hurt (4 weeks ago or so), and, he's been walking on it all this time.
They sent us away today with medicine for the infection, X-Rays to take to the Orthopedic Surgeon this week, and, instruction for NO WORK until after the surgeon decides what to do. Jason is literally climbing the walls already. In 13 years at Schwan's he's had 2 unexpected days off work....1 when Cole was born, and, 1 when Cole was in the Hospital last year. He's worked through countless cases of bronchitis, pneumonia a few years back, and a terrible staph infection.
Not sure when we will get to see the ortho yet...but they told us it would be very soon. We are both anxious to find out what they will do.