Friday, January 3, 2014

Your invited...First Sunday!



This week I have been tired! Coming back from a quick trip with the kids, taking down Christmas deco and trying to just get my house reorganized has been exhausting....but I know rest is coming :) I love when I get to turn the calendar to January & see the first Sunday of the new year.

November & December are always hard months for us with church attendance. There is so much going on with school, work, holiday & family that by the time Sunday morning rolls around we find ourselves sleeping rather than rising. Every Saturday we vow to do better, and every Sunday we beat ourselves up for turning off the alarm...again. We feel the toll the distance from our church family takes on our spiritual & emotional life. And by the end of December it's always one of our families biggest resolutions...to get back on track! 

Even though I've been at church a lot over the past two months serving in various ministries, I miss being in that pew for service, I miss being in Sunday school with my friends, I miss having those dedicated moments of fellowship together. 

One of the most popular verses in the bible is Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." My interpretation of this verse..."Jenny, come back to me, come back to Sunday fellowship, and I will release you of the guilt you feel". See even though there may be a few people in those pews who are judgmental about where you've been these last weeks...God will embrace you with open arms and welcome you back to His church. And he doesn't care if it's the first Sunday, or the fifth Thursday...any day, any time, you are always welcome. I always see the first Sunday of the new year as God's big invitation to a wonderful event...it happens every single week, and your never on the black list!

No matter what you've had come up, how long it's been since you've been to church, or how far away you feel from God...know you can always come back. And in my opinion, there's no better time to start than this week :)

And if this "snowpacolypse" hits this week and we don't make it to church on Sunday morning...God will be waiting for me again the next Sunday....but I really hope it doesn't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment