Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Has it really been 8 months?

Blogging is always on my mind. I love to write, and especially love to write about my family...but boy have I been slacking!

I'm not sure why, but 2013 seemed to be especially hard on me creatively. I had so many things I wanted to do...but very little I actually accomplished. I spent most of the year feeling behind in every part of my life, and like I was failing in the big parts (ie...being a Mom!). I struggled to get into a good groove with my daily chores because Jason was home everyday until 2pm, and our evenings felt busy, tense & not so enjoyable.

One of my biggest priorities for 2014 is FAMILY FIRST! I'm even hashtagging #familyfirst2014 on Facebook & Instagram to track my progress :) Feel free to join me if your a hashtagger too!

Speaking of Family...Seriously, how adorable are my 3 boys?!
Good grief,  I could just eat them up :D

My goals this year are pretty simple...
1) Work on getting myself & my family healthier
2) Spend less time focusing on things outside my family, and more time on the people I'm called to care for
3) Carve out regular time for Date Nights & Me Time ... so that the time I'm pouring into my family is happy...not crabby!

While the goals themselves are simple...I fear execution is going to be harder than I think! I've never really been one to make (or stick too!) resolutions, but I know that I would really like to make some head way on these.

Stay tuned :)

Love & Hugs,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I love your family picture! Welcome back to the blogger world... I can relate to your desire to make time for yourself. I think that is what I am lacking as well.

    ReplyDelete